How To Handle When Your Child Is Bullied

Bullying or cyberbullying is when one child picks on another child repeatedly. Bullying can be physical, verbal, or social. It can happen at school,...

Free Afterschool Tennis Lessons at Houston-area Parks

HOUSTON - Future tennis stars from the Greater Third Ward area are getting free, year-round lessons after school, thanks in part to a $30,000...

Kashmere Multi-Service Center

By: Rebecca S. Jones HOUSTON – African-American News& Issues highlights Kashmere Multi-Service Center under the leadership of Director Stephen L. Williams as our business profile...

Acres Homes Chamber for Business and Economic Development features Dr. Stephen Head

HOUSTON – Recently, the Acres Homes Chamber for Business and Economic Development hosted its Monthly Business Networking Luncheon. The event took place at the...

Texas Workforce Commission Spotlight

AUSTIN -  The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) announced the launch of the High Demand Job Training Program, a $1 million program to support collaborations...

MGT and GCC Brunch Series: How to Rear Our Children to Become Potential Gods

by Shareefah Muhammad In light of the recent media blitz of Adrian Peterson and his charge of child abuse, Muhammad Mosque Number 45’s MGT and...

Ovide Duncantell’s Dream: Attorney Ben & Wife, Saundra Hall Paid $64,000 for the MLK...

Story By: Amanda White Cover Story MLK Photo Credit: Jesse Muhammad Ovide Duncantell was born in Natchitoches, Louisiana on August 7, 1936. Once he graduated from...

Ovide Duncantell’s Dream: Attorney Ben & Wife, Saundra Hall Paid $64,000 for the MLK...

Story By: Amanda White Cover Story MLK Photo Credit: Jesse Muhammad Ovide Duncantell was born in Natchitoches, Louisiana on August 7, 1936. Once he graduated from...

New Black Panther Party National 25th Anniversary Summit

NBPP 25-YEAR ANNIVERSARY SUMMIT OCTOBER 3-5, 2014  - DALLAS, TEXAS   FRI. OCT 3, 2014   6 PM- 10 PM @ THE ACT OF CHANGE – NBPP ONLY REGISTRATION BRIEFINGS REPORTS GRIEVENCES SAT....

Is It Right? ~ The Community Weighs In on Discipline vs. Abuse

"I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a...