His Name is Not “Toby”: John Wiley Price Withstands the Heat of Dallas’ Fiery...

By: Darwin Campbell, African-American News&Issues Dallas - There was a time in history when a man walked up to another man in a garden and kissed...

James Edward “Deek” Roberts: 100 Years of Black History & Wisdom

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh... Let us hear the...

2014 Hall of Fame Inductees: Nathan Jean Whitaker Sanders and Vincent Jacob

Nathan Jean Whitaker Sanders Nathan Jean Whitaker Sanders, affectionately known around the Rodeo and Trail Ride circuit to all as “Mama Sugar” was born June...

Housing Authority Launches Education Fund to Honor Retiring President, CEO

By Darwin Campbell, African-American News&Issues Fort Worth - The Fort Worth Housing Authority (FWHA) is establishing the Barbara Houston Education Fund  (BHEF) to honor the agency’s recently...

How Do You Spend a Million Dollars? District B To Use Budget to Empower...

Houston - The good news is District B has $1milion to make improvements and empower communities, but tough decisions are ahead about how to...

Shoot 2 Score Hoops Basketball Camp Teaches Life Skills, Not Just Basketball

HOUSTON - When 15 year old Kanai Adams started attending Shoot 2 Score Hoops Summer Basketball Camp 8 years ago, he wanted to improve...

Domestic Violence Focus Gives Birth to “Candace Way Out”

Story By: Darwin Campbell, African-American News&Issues Houston - Church leaders, civic leaders and a Congresswoman wrapped loving arms around a family  of Candace Williams stricken with...

TEXAS COLLEGE EYEING EXPANSION, UPGRADES FOR SPORTS FACILITIES

By: Kelly Gooch Steps are being taken to pave the way for future improvements to the athletic facilities at Texas College. The Planning and Zoning Commission...

On Eric Garner and Marlene Pinnock: Police Abuse Must End

Rev. Al Sharpton President, National Action Network Every time I comfort a grieving family member who has lost a loved one to police brutality, I hope and pray...

“The Fight is Not Fixed”– Power To Change is in Community’s Hands

By Darwin  L Campbell, Editor After reading a variety of comments and responses from the story about Superintendent Terry Grier, I am compelled to be blunt and...