CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE: Power of Protest Still The Strongest Voice of the Masses

By: Darwin Cambell, African-American News&Issues “An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment...

Constable Alan Rosen Vs. Acres Homes

By Erica Davis, Recently, something happened in Acres Homes that had not taken place before. The Harris County Constable of Precinct One, Alan Rosen,...

Deric Muhammad Shares Vivid Look at Youth From A Street Activists Perspective

By: Darwin Campbell,  African-American News&Issues Recently, the Acres Home Chamber for Business and Economic Development Inc. held its Monthly Business Networking Luncheon, located at 6112 Wheatley...

Dr. Edith Irby Jones: “All I Wanted Was to Help My Fellow Man”

Cover Photo & Story By Darwin Campbell, African-American News&Issues Houston - She was a just a little girl growing up in Hot Springs, Arkansas at a time...

Kashmere Gardens Declares War on Illegal Dumping

Houston - The people want to send a clear message from Kashmere Gardens to the city of Houston, “Stop Dumping on Us.!!!” Senior citizens and...

The Mental Health Crisis: “Our country’s mental health system is in shambles”

Our country’s mental health system is in shambles, and many of the most severely ill are being harshly excluded from treatment systems. Many of...

Former Almeda Heights Community Outreach Directors Plead Guilty for Theft of Federal Grant Funds

Darwin  L Campbell, Editor The former African-American directors of a community outreach center in Dallas, whose trial was to begin yesterday, pleaded guilty this morning to federal...

Become the Change You Want; Correcting Police With a Discipline Movement

Rev. Al Sharpton President, National Action Network Over the weekend, National Action Network (NAN) and I renewed our commitment towards seeking justice for Eric Garner, the father of...

NRG First NFL Stadium To Kick Off Season with LED Lights; First in State...

Houston - Whether a Friday night high school game or a Sunday night tailgate, football is king in Texas. Beginning in September, the Houston Texans...

Citizens Only Get One-Minute to Tell Council to Save Freedman’s Town Historic Bricks

HOUSTON - Taxpayers spend thousands  of dollars in property taxes, but when it comes to facing elected officials and have them listen seriously  to...