Texas Workforce Commission Spotlight

AUSTIN -  The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) announced the launch of the High Demand Job Training Program, a $1 million program to support collaborations...

MGT and GCC Brunch Series: How to Rear Our Children to Become Potential Gods

by Shareefah Muhammad In light of the recent media blitz of Adrian Peterson and his charge of child abuse, Muhammad Mosque Number 45’s MGT and...

Ovide Duncantell’s Dream: Attorney Ben & Wife, Saundra Hall Paid $64,000 for the MLK...

Story By: Amanda White Cover Story MLK Photo Credit: Jesse Muhammad Ovide Duncantell was born in Natchitoches, Louisiana on August 7, 1936. Once he graduated from...

Ovide Duncantell’s Dream: Attorney Ben & Wife, Saundra Hall Paid $64,000 for the MLK...

Story By: Amanda White Cover Story MLK Photo Credit: Jesse Muhammad Ovide Duncantell was born in Natchitoches, Louisiana on August 7, 1936. Once he graduated from...

New Black Panther Party National 25th Anniversary Summit

NBPP 25-YEAR ANNIVERSARY SUMMIT OCTOBER 3-5, 2014  - DALLAS, TEXAS   FRI. OCT 3, 2014   6 PM- 10 PM @ THE ACT OF CHANGE – NBPP ONLY REGISTRATION BRIEFINGS REPORTS GRIEVENCES SAT....

Is It Right? ~ The Community Weighs In on Discipline vs. Abuse

"I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a...

Limiting Voter Participation in the Middle of Crisis

by Rev. Al Sharpton In less than two months, Americans will once again head to the polls to participate in the all-important midterm elections. But...

Yates Alumni & Third Ward Rise To Fight Jack Yates with City Wide...

By Jesse Muhammad, Contributing Writer Jack Yates High School, residents of Third Ward and concerned citizens from throughout the city let their voices be heard...

Acres Homes Chamber Networking Luncheon Monthly

Story and Photos By: Rebecca S. Jones HOUSTON - Recently, the Acres Home Chamber for Business and Economic Development hosted its Monthly Business Networking Luncheon....

Project Row Houses Celebrates 20 Years of Arts and African American Culture

By Amanda White “To transform the community through the celebration of art and African-American history and culture.” That is the mission of Project Row Houses....