Is It Right? ~ The Community Weighs In on Discipline vs. Abuse

"I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a...

Limiting Voter Participation in the Middle of Crisis

by Rev. Al Sharpton In less than two months, Americans will once again head to the polls to participate in the all-important midterm elections. But...

Yates Alumni & Third Ward Rise To Fight Jack Yates with City Wide...

By Jesse Muhammad, Contributing Writer Jack Yates High School, residents of Third Ward and concerned citizens from throughout the city let their voices be heard...

Acres Homes Chamber Networking Luncheon Monthly

Story and Photos By: Rebecca S. Jones HOUSTON - Recently, the Acres Home Chamber for Business and Economic Development hosted its Monthly Business Networking Luncheon....

Project Row Houses Celebrates 20 Years of Arts and African American Culture

By Amanda White “To transform the community through the celebration of art and African-American history and culture.” That is the mission of Project Row Houses....

Historic Booker T. Washington Coach & Players Recognized After Five Decades

Around the country and even within the Greater Houston area, the African-American community is in a constant bout to preserve its historical landmarks. Recently, the...

Toyota & Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center Are Taking Communities to a Safe Place...

By: Yvonne Coleman Bach Photo Credit: Soul B.photoshelter Toyota is the world’s top automaker. One of their slogans is “Let’s Go Places.” The automaker takes the...

Business Profile: T-Shirt Concepts

Story By: Rebecca S. Jones HOUSTON- Creativity, innovation and a skilled sense of design all accompany the native of Detroit, Michigan, Mr. Ramond Thompson (Owner...

Top Reasons to Shop at a Texas Farmers Market

By: Judith A. Canales, State Executive Director  USDA - Farm Service Agency A few weeks ago marked the 15th Annual National Farmers Market Week, where we...

1,300 H-E-B Employees Salute Local Heroes at 200 Fire Stations

10th Anniversary Celebrated with 10 Days of Surprise Giveaways HOUSTON- H-E-B will honor our nation’s firefighters for their dedication and selfless service with its 10th...