Acres – Homes Neighborhood Thanksgiving Day Annual Feast 2016

“Influencing Our World” Location: 1620 Dolly Wright St.  Houston, TX. 77088 (Greater Zion Missionary Baptist Church – Pastor D. Perry)   November 24, 2016 @ 10:30am- 1:00pm The Community Is Welcome FREE!!       FREE!!       FREE!!       FREE!! FREE DRAWING FOR GROCERY GIFT CARDS: $20-$25 DOLLARS. FOR ALL PANTRY CLIENTS IN OUR COMMUNITY. Dinner Can Be Dine in…

Black Santa is Back!

By high demand African-American News&Issues and the Acres Home Chamber for Business & Economic Development, Inc. will present to you holiday photos with Black Santa! December 10th & December 17th, 2016 6112 Wheatley Street Houston, Texas 77091 12pm – 4pm For more information contact (713) 692-1892 Sponsors: Shirley Ann’s Black Kollectibles & Flowers RS Deer…

Community – Youth – Law Enforcement

Texas State Representative Jarvis Johnson’s Symposium Austin – Tuesday, November 15, 2016, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Acres Home Chamber of Commerce at 6112 Wheatley, Houston, Texas 77091 he will present a SYMPOSIUM regarding the lack of understanding of the Black Community and Distrust of the Police Departments in the Black Community.…

Early returns have shown Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson will be re-elected as the representative of the 30th congressional district of Texas:

“It is an honor and a privilege to be re-elected to represent the people of the 30th congressional district of Texas. I want to thank every person that came out to the polls today and all the thousands of voters across my district that voted early. I’m so proud of our record turnout in early…

Clinton Concession “Painful”; Calls for Peaceful Transition & Support for American Democracy

New York – Surrounded by her army of supporters, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton officially conceded the 2016 election to Republican and President-elect Donald Trump.   Hillary Clinton lost the presidential election against Trump. Trump secured 279 electoral votes, but so far Clinton won the popular vote – Clinton has 47.7% to Trump’s 47.5%   “Last…