Mothers and Black Queens

Representing Pillars of Strength, Wisdom and Courage in Today’s African-American Village      “The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the...

Rep. Ron Reynolds & the Texas Legislative Black Caucus Address the Murder of Jordan...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny....

Tragic shooting of 15 year-old Jordan Edwards. Texas State Representative Jarvis Johnson

"I feel compelled to say something in regards to the tragic shooting of 15 year-old Jordan Edwards. I have a 16yr old son, myself,...

FUN, INTERACTIVE HEALTH FAIR AT STIMLEY-BLUE RIDGE NEIGHBORHOOD LIBRARY

HOUSTON - The Houston Public Library is re-opening the Stimley-Blue Ridge Neighborhood Library with the addition of a new WIC Center on Saturday, May...

The 2nd Annual MLK Multicultural Affair

DALLAS - The 2nd Annual MLK Multicultural Affair is a unique presentation of the vibrant cultural and artistic expression found in the D/FW area...

JOE V’S SMART SHOP #8 GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION

New store brings fresh products and incredibly low prices to Aldine. WHAT: Joe V’s Smart Shop, a division of H-E-B, is proud to open its...

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Statement on the Stabbing Attack at University of Texas...

Jackson Lee: “In the aftermath of such a heinous attack, we mourn those who were killed and pray for the wounded and their families...

50 Year Anniversary of Muhammad Ali’s Refusal to Step Forward for Military Induction and...

WHO:Southwest Student Regional Minister Dr. Robert S. Muhammad, Muhammad Mosque No.45, Local Organizing Committee for Justice or Else, Activists, and Affiliated Community Organizations WHAT: Commemoration...
Photo: Cody Duty, Staff

Mayor Turner Puts Slumlords on Notice with Demolition of Crestmont Village Apartments

HOUSTON - Mayor Sylvester Turner delivered on his promise to rid Sunnyside of the long-plagued Crestmont Village Apartments. Members of the Crestmont Village Civic...

STAFFORD MSD BECOMES A “DISTRICT OF INNOVATION”

STAFFORD, Texas -- On Monday, April 10, the Stafford MSD (SMSD) Board of Trustees unanimously voted in favor of becoming a “District of Innovation”,...