13.5 C
Houston

Lone Star College-North Harris hosts author and professor Mignette Dorsey for Black History Month...

Author, former journalist and Lone Star College-Greenspoint Center English professor Mignette Dorsey will discuss her book “Speak Truth to Power: The Story of Charles...

Reece Academy, Aldine ISD Celebrates Lunar New Year

The Year of the Rooster Reece Academy Magnet School - Acres Home Community - continues it's celebration of cultures as Reece's Fine Arts department honors...

Magnolia Pictures invites you and a guest to an advance screening of I Am...

River Oaks Theatre Wednesday, February 8 • 7:00 pm 2009 W Gray St Houston, TX 77019 • 713.524.2175 HURRY and Email us TODAY! - sales@aframnews.com to...

MY BROTHER’S KEEPER ALLIANCE ANNOUNCES BRODERICK JOHNSON AS NEW CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF...

Johnson served as Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary to Former President Obama, and Chair of the My Brother’s Keeper Task Force  (Washington, D.C.)...

Understanding the Law: Suit to Quiet Title

Buying a piece of property is a major milestone for some and sometimes just a great investment decision for others, but nothing can taint...

Beulah Shepard Acres Homes Neighborhood Library

By: Chelsea Davis-Bibb, M.Ed., Photo Credit: Kimberly Hatter Acres Homes - Mayor Turner, Ashley Turner, Council Member Amanda Edwards, Janice Weaver, artist Reginald Adams, Super...

“Hush Yo’ Mouth” and “Pick Yo’ Cotton”

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or...

The Junior Golden Gloves

“Young people need models, not critics.” - John Wooden By: Chelsea Davis-Bibb, M.Ed. Greenspoint - Many people talk down on today’s youth, but many will only...

Representative Eric Johnson Files Bills to Delay the Felony Conviction of Prostitution & End...

DALLAS – Representative Johnson has filed House Bill 1218 to help prostitutes break the cycle of incarceration and re-enter society by delaying a felony...

Tax Office extends hours for Tax Deadline

All 16 locations open until 6 p.m. on January 31   Houston, TX - Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector Ann Harris Bennett is offering extended service hours...