Aldine ISD holds annual State of the District Breakfast

On October 20, Aldine ISD held its annual State of the District Breakfast at the Hilton Houston North Hotel. The presentation took a look...

Dr. Wanda Bamberg, Dr. Archie Blanson announce their retirements at Oct. 17 Board...

During the Oct. 17 Board of Trustees meeting, Aldine ISD Superintendent Dr. Wanda Bamberg and Deputy Superintendent Dr. Archie Blanson announced their retirements, effective...

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Applauds U.S. Department of Agriculture and Texas Human Services Agency...

Congresswoman Jackson Lee: “Witnessing firsthand the thousands of disaster-impacted residents being served at Deussen Park on the first day reinforced my reasoning for seeking...

During Houston Dentists Halloween Candy Exchange, Kids Can Send Deployed U.S. Troops a “Sweet”...

Kool Smiles Dentists Open Their Doors for 6th Annual “Operation Troop Treats”   Houston – Children and families in the Houston area will have a...

Combatting Poverty in Dallas

By Arielle Johnson   Our City of Dallas is tied in third place with the City of Phoenix when it comes to the child poverty rate....

FROM ATLANTA WITH LOVE

Black Female Entrepreneur Shares Timely Support & Kindness to Harvey Stricken Black Communities   HOUSTON- When Kania Kennedy watched from Atlanta, Ga. And saw the flooding...

TWEF Moguls Media Honoree: Judy Foston- Stanford

PURCHASE TICKETS TWEF Honors “Moguls in Media” During Intercultural Financial and Leadership Summit Reception Gala, October 13th, 7:30 p.m. Location: Univision 45 “Uforia Lounge” 5100 Southwest Freeway,...

Texas Adds Extra Day, Special Mega-Site to Apply for D-SNAP in Harris County

AUSTIN – Texas Health and Human Services announced today it will add an extra day at a new location for Harris County victims of...

Yoga N Da Hood

The idea of practicing Yoga is starting to catch on in our community, due to the efforts of African-American Yoga Instructor, Ebony Smith. Ms....

Remembering The Life of Esther Louise Miller

November 11, 1942 - September 12, 2017 “ For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at the...